Tiny Now


Movable Tiny Home Frequently Asked ?'s.

A structure on a chassis with wheels, used for dwelling purposes that provides complete independent living facilities for one or more persons and is located on the same lot as the primary dwelling (single-family or multifamily) to which it is an accessory use.

California is a tiny-friendly state and will allow a permanent tiny home (aka ADU or Granny Flat) throughout the state. However, currently, not every city allows Movable Tiny Homes. To find out what your city regulations are, click here.

There are a few ways that one can obtain financing. Click the chat button or contact us to discuss what might be your best option.

Yes! If you are a ‘Community Hero’ or are experiencing a hardship, we may be able to direct you to a grant for a Tiny-Home. Contact us today to find out if you can apply.

In participating municipalities where Movable Tiny Homes are legal, you will have to register your home at the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Determining your registration fee for your tiny home in California can be determined at this link. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/wasapp/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do

A Tiny-Home is what you define it in size and whether it be on a permanent foundation or on wheels. Be sure to check our ‘Tiny Types’ page to determine what your California jurisdiction will allow.

A health-care permit or caregiver unit is allowed in several areas throughout California. It is usually a temporary type of permit that will allow someone to be close to a caregiver due to health issues. Contact us to find out more info and if your city will allow.

The costs associated with backyard Tiny-Homes other than the unit itself will include site-prep (grading, excavation, pavement if needed), utility hookups (water, sewer/septic, & electricity ), transportation, and installation for a basic placement.